Current Covid-19 Protocols | May 21, 2021
Summer Worship Update: Beginning next week Sunday, May 30, Harvest is moving to one morning worship service at 9:30 AM and continuing one evening service at 5:30 PM. We will have both indoor and outdoor worship options for both services.
COVID Worship Protocols effective Sunday, May 30:
- Indoors (Auditorium, Foyer, and Overflow) – Fully vaccinated individuals are not required to wear a mask; for non-vaccinated individuals, masks are recommended but not required during singing/recitation. Masks will no longer be required in common areas of the building.
- Indoors (Craft room) – The Craft Room will be designated as a masked-at-all-times area, applicable to all individuals regardless of vaccination status.
- Outdoors – Masks are not required or recommended for any individuals as the mask mandate has been lifted.
- Number of Worshipers: We currently have just over 300 seats set up inside the auditorium. As capacity limits increase, we will increase the number of chairs indoors. We intend to set up 50 seats in the foyer and will adjust this as needed. There will be no limit to the number of folks who worship outdoors.
- Chairs for Outdoor Worship: We will be setting up 100+ Steelcase chairs outside under the tent. As we determine how many people would prefer outdoor worship, we can set up additional chairs. If you prefer your own lawn chairs, you can set those up around the perimeter of the tent. Please note that the central portion of the tent will be taken by Steelcase chairs.
- Nursery: We are looking to possibly start the nursery up again in September. Stay tuned for more information on that later this summer.
- Inclement Weather: In the case of inclement weather (thunderstorms), we will notify the congregation and only hold worship indoors. We intend to increase seating in the foyer and set chairs up in double-classrooms to increase capacity. In the case of rain (no thunderstorms), we will still hold outdoor worship.
If you have any questions on any of these details, please connect with your shepherding elder.
The Harvest Session
In order to better love our community and promote both their safety and ours, the Session is asking our congregation to observe the following practices:
- If anyone in your household is not healthy, please worship via livestream to protect the health of others. We also ask the elderly and immunocompromised to consider worshiping via livestream at this time. (Those who for reasons of health or conscience do not feel comfortable attending in-person gatherings at this time are encouraged to worship via livestream. While we have a command to worship our God, the session wants to preserve the liberty of conscience for all members to fulfill this command either in person or via livestream during these extraordinary circumstances.)
- Auditorium chairs are set up to allow for social distancing. We ask that you allow ushers to seat you to allow the greatest number of people to worship together in the auditorium.
- Offering: Offerings will be taken in person. (If you are not able to attend in person, we ask you to consider donating online or through the tithe.ly app.)
- Cry Rooms: Cry rooms are set available in both nurseries (not staffed with volunteers) as well as in classrooms 1/3 down the hall.
- Nursing Moms Room: A nursing moms room is in rooms 5/7.
- Fellowship: Fellowship time will occur outdoors following our morning service.