Moline Christian School, 1253 144th Ave, Moline, MI 49335
9:30 am and 5:30 pm.
Rev. John Terrell, Church Planting Pastor for Living Hope OPC, was installed on Thursday, August 12th.
Pastor John accepted this call in late April, 2021. The Terrell family comes to us from a previous ministry in Australia and they look forward to the growth in ministry and the spread of the gospel in Dorr through our daughter congregation. Read more from Pastor John here.
LIVING HOPE OPC (HARVEST SOUTH CHURCH PLANT) UPDATE - FEBRUARY 25, 2021
On behalf of the church plant committee, we would like to convey our excitement and thanks to God for the providence of forming this church plant. Here are the recent developments within the plant for your prayers.
- Vision: The church plant group is meeting regularly for worship, prayer, Bible study, meals, and fellowship. The group’s vision is to see expository, gospel-centered preaching in worship; hospitality shown to each other and our neighbors; and becoming a church centered on God’s vision, not our own.
- Pastoral Search: Session approved the pastoral job description in the search of a church plant pastor. (Click here to view the job description). It will be advertised in the New Horizons October issue, and posted on various seminary job boards. The church plant committee will review the applicants.
- Presbytery Approval: Session approved a motion to ask CHEX to recommend the plant to presbytery for approval at the meeting on September 19. If approved, Lord willing, the plant would transition to “mission status.” This is an important step as it would allow for additional funding and printing of literature for advertising. This will also allow for the creation of a name/logo for cards and pamphlets to share. This meeting is on September 19.
- Live Preaching: Starting this month, session approved live preaching every Sunday evening. We will continue to livestream with Harvest for the morning services, and when we have live preaching we will participate with Harvest via livestream for the opening of worship. Preaching will be done by a rotation of Harvest pastors and seminarians, overseen by session. Praise God that we have this resource, and please lift these men up in prayer.
- Events: We are currently meeting for prayer and Bible Study on Wednesdays in the backyards of each other’s homes until the fall schedule comes out. We are going through the Psalms (1 per week), and we read one question and answer from the Westminster Shorter Catechism. Next week we will be looking at Psalm 4 and WSC Q&A 4. We meet for one hour with the following format: Opening prayer, reading of the Psalm, guided discussion on the Psalm, WSC reading, sharing of family praise and prayer requests, prayer as a group, singing a closing song, and snack. The entire family is welcome to come to prayer and Bible Study.
Thank you for your continued support and interest in the work south of town. We pray that God will use it to further His kingdom by strengthening the believers here and calling unbelievers to repentance, salvation, and communion with himself and the saints here in Dorr.
If you have further questions or comments, please feel free to contact any of the committee members.
Pastor Dale, Andrew Gent, Ed Pearce, Sarah Apol, Andy Bolton, Cameron Brown, and Jacob Verduin