Anchored Youth Group Fall Retreat
September 11, 2020 to September 12, 2020
6:00pm – 3:00pm
Location: 189 126TH AVENUE, Wayland, Michigan 49348Coordinator: Andrew Bekkering
While indoors, we will encourage and require masks and social distancing. Outdoors we will recommend masks and require social distancing as events allow. (Note: The camp also requires masks while inside their public buildings.)
- Arrive Friday Sept 11 @ 6pm
- No Dinner Provided Friday Evening
- 6pm-8pm- Open time to swim/fish/boat
- 8pm- Sing outside around the campfire
- 8:30pm- Andrew give intro to this year’s study
- 9pm- Snacks
- 9:30-10:30 Capture the Flag
- Saturday Sept 12
- 8am-9am- Breakfast
- 9am-930am- Personal Devotions
- 10am-11am- Andrew continue with intro of study
- 11am-12pm- whole group game of soccer or something similar
- 12pm- 1pm- Lunch
- 1pm-3pm Activities
- Leaving before 4pm
- All food will be made, prepared, and served by people wearing masks and clean gloves
- We will have full reign of the camp’s commercial kitchen
- All food will be served by volunteers. We will not let everyone use the same serving utensil to get their food
- Drinks will be provided- a volunteer will pour all the drinks so that individuals just have to grab a cup off of a table
- We will encourage activities that take up a lot of space, that do not bring many people in the same area, and that have little contact. Some examples are swimming, capture the flag, and soccer.
- Although there is a game room in the basement of the main building, we will not allow anyone to make use of that area.
- Singing will always be outside and with enough space for people to be spread out.
- Son-Life camp has 88 beds for us to use. We will be the only group utilizing these beds/cabins, so we will be able to spread kids evenly over the 7 cabins. What percentage of the beds we use will depend on how many students sign up. We estimate 54 people coming. Last year we had 40 students and 8 leaders, this year to have 2 leaders per cabin we will have 14 leaders for a total of 54 people.