Song of Songs
Family Camp 2015
Plan now to attend our Michigan-Ontario Presbytery Family Camp, which is scheduled for August 10-14. We are looking forward to using a new facility at Lincoln Lake Youth Camp and will provide teaching and fun for all ages.
We are also thrilled that Dr. Iain Duguid has agreed to be our main adult teacher. Dr. Iain Duguid is an Old Testament scholar with a passion for the church and the gospel. He studied at Westminster in Philadelphia, where he is now Professor of Old Testament. He has previously taught at Westminster Seminary in California and Grove City College, and has planted churches in Oxford, England, Fallbrook, CA and Grove City. He will speak on the Song of Songs.
"The Song of Songs used to be one of the church's favorite books of the Bible. These days, however, we seem unsure what to make of it. Is it a manual about sex and marriage? Is it a love song from Jesus to the church? Is it something else? The goal of this conference (which is suitable for all ages and stages of life) is to help you to understand what the Song of Songs is, what it teaches us about living wisely in this world, and how it points us to Christ and the gospel.”
Space is limited so plan now to attend. Registration opens on April 25.
- Registrations are accepted in the order in which they are received with payment.
- Rooms and cabins will be assigned as forms are received with payment. If you have a special need to be in a certain area, let us know on your registration form.
- If you're willing to share with another family, please indicate with which family you may be willing to share. Cabins fit 11 people and most rooms fit 6. We also have spaces for 22.
- We hope we don't have to turn anyone away, but please get your registrations in quickly!
- Pre-registration is needed from everyone coming to camp. Even if you are coming for only one meal or night, a form must be turned in by August 2.
- Everyone under 18 years of age must have a chaperoning family at camp who agrees to be responsible for them (in case of injury etc.). The parents and the chaperoning adults must sign the registration form. For those filling out the online registration form, the Family Camp Team will follow up with you for your expressed permission.
Images of the new camp:
Family Camp 2014 Praise
We praise the Lord for the wonderful week we had at Family Camp 2014!
We enjoyed the crackling sounds of the campfire, the joyous shouts of children playing in the water, and the beautiful echo of voices raised in worship to our living God.
Next year you won’t want to miss this annual opportunity to fellowship with your fellow church and presbytery members as you grow closer to the Lord.